Services: Support and Referrals

Safe at Home staff support clients with challenges to finding housing, help them resolve issues that threaten their housing stability, and refer them to other useful resources. Through a pilot program, in collaboration with Yukon Housing Corporation (YHC), the Yukon Housing Support Worker is available to provide support to YHC tenants with tenancy challenges.

Here are some examples of support we may be able to offer:

  • Help planning out next steps to find housing or deal with a housing crisis.
  • Help navigating systems and finding the right person to talk to – whether it’s the Residential Tenancies Office, Yukon Housing, Social Assistance, or someone else.
  • Support completing paperwork or getting other things in place that you need to get housing or stay housed (such as taxes & notices of assessment, housing or utilities applications, or IDs).
  • Support to try and prevent an eviction: filing an appeal, talking with your landlord, or finding support for whatever challenges you’re facing.
  • Information about your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, and where to get support.
  • Ongoing support with challenges that come up once you’re housed.
  • Assistance with storage, furniture, move ins, etc. 

Contact or 867-332-0630 for general support or referrals.

If you live in Yukon Housing, please contact the Yukon Housing Support Worker: or 867-332-6200.

If you are in need of support regarding a possible eviction, please contact the Eviction Prevention Worker: or 867-334-7686.

If you are in need of coffee or tea come by the office! 😊 

Contact us

Email, Phone and Social

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

(867) 332-0630

Find us on Facebook


Nous offrons des services en français


310 Alexander Street, Whitehorse

8:30 am to 4 pm (closed 12–1 pm), Monday to Friday